David Johnston is the managing partner of Amwell Ridge Wealth Management and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. Dave built the firm around the fundamental belief that a proper financial plan begins with risk management, infuses innovative, enhanced diversification within an investment portfolio, and provides for an efficient transfer of wealth to the next generation.
Dave’s exceptional communication skills allow him to explain, without all the industry jargon, how various aspects of clients’ wealth management and financial planning coordinate.
- The College of New Jersey, 1996, BS Finance
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Certified Wealth Strategist (CWS®)
- Registered Employee Benefits Consultant (REBC®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Registered Health Underwriter (RHU®)
- Series 6 (Investment Company Products/Variable contracts Limited Representative)
- Series 7 (General Securities Representative)
- Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam)
- Series 65 (Uniform Investment Advisor Law Exam)
- Life and Health Insurance licenses (various states, CA Insurance License #0F94827)
- Flemington Community Partnership, President
- Prevention Resources, Past President
- Leadership Hunterdon, Class of 2013
- The College of New Jersey Alumni Association, Member and Former Board Member
- The College of New Jersey Football Alumni Chapter, Board Member
- The College of New Jersey, School of Business, Adjunct Professor
- I reside in Flemington, New Jersey, along with my wife, Jennifer, and our three children.
- I am a proud to be a member of the River Dell Regional High School Athletics Hall of Fame (soccer), and I earned All-America honors as a placekicker for The College of New Jersey football team.
- I am a New York Red Bulls season ticket holder, a Liverpool FC supporter and a lifelong fan of the New York Football Giants.
- Most importantly, I captain my Over-40 Armada FC men’s soccer team.
- Outside of finance and my sporting interests, I am a Revolutionary War reenactor who’s taken my “sailing and rowing” investment philosophy to the next level as part of the boat crew charged with rowing George Washington across the Delaware River each Christmas.
This article was created by David Johnston while operating under First Allied Securities as a broker/dealer and First Allied Advisory Services as a registered investment advisor, prior to joining LPL Financial and Bleakley Financial Group, LLC.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. All indices are unmanaged and may not be invested into directly.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design), and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.